Are you looking for the best and fast loading WordPress theme? If yes, this is for you. This is a Special GeneratePress Review and its settings guide article. Read the guide completely before taking action.
Suppose you are trying to make your WordPress site look amazing. Then it is not just a theme that you need for your website. It would help if you implemented different addons and custom codes to make it look awesome.
Product Name: GeneratePress
GeneratePress is one of the free, lightweight, SEO optimized, Page builder-friendly, and best rated WordPress theme. Take an action for you designing projects for better WordPress Performance.
Free to $59 for Unlimited sites
Generatepress is giving the best results because of its lightweight, SEO-Friendly, and page builder compatibility.
It has the best and first-class support and best documentation for the theme users.
Ease of Use
The usage of Generatepress is very customizable. The options are organized and easily customizable.
No use with Free version, but the premium version gives the best value and time-saving.
A fully customized WordPress blog with good functionality and look will attract more visitors to the site. And many WordPress blogs try their best to make their websites look beautiful.
The GeneratePress (GP) is one WordPress theme that you need rather than making any other customizations. The GeneratePress theme is technically a plugin that includes 14 premium addons which are significant features and extend the core theme functionality.
Why did I migrate to the GeneratePress Premium theme?
In the first years of my blogging journey, I used to use default free themes from the WordPress library. Due to those free themes even though I got a little support, the theme customization part is a bit out of my hand. Later on, I started trails on different free themes from various theme providers.
But none of those made me satisfied unless it caused a lot of time waste. After taking suggestions from experts I purchased premium themes Sahifa from ThemeForest and FocusBlog from ThriveThemes for this blog. For 2 months I have used the Sahifa theme and shifted to FocusBlog.
FocusBlog has given very good results in the conversion rate. In 2019 I shifted from FocusBlog to GeneratePress because of its lightweight, easy to load and easy to customizable features. After integrating Elementor Pro with GeneratePress I found a great conversion rate along with the branding look.
My experience with Generatepress Premium
I have been using GeneratePress for more than one year. And in this one year span, I have tried all the advanced features of the theme and every feature is really impressive. The theme is not only very light in weight and fast-loading, but also it is cheap, 100% SEO friendly and it has more than 100+ customization options and also more than 20+ demo site styles.
It was made very compatible with the WordPress 5.0 update by adding more features to work along with the inbuilt Gutenberg editor.
Recently introduced inbuilt Gutenburg editor in WordPress 5.0 version is powered by the Generatepress with more compatible and additional features every time.
Why the GeneratePress Premium theme?
GeneratePress is a free theme and it comes with a lightweight, easy to load, and with more customization options. This is one of the best WordPress themes.
The GP theme is used by many WordPress blogs in the industry and many experts recommend GeneratePress for its speed and design in the blogging industry.
GeneratePress Free vs Premium – Which one is Good?
The free version of GeneratePress itself has many options included. Upon trying the free version on my blog I found a drastic change in the speed of my website which made me purchase the premium version. I discussed a few of the features why have I chosen the theme
- Mobile Responsive: Mobile responsiveness is an important feature these days. Most of the visits that your website receives are from mobile users. Hence your theme needs to be mobile responsive first hand. GeneratePress gives you a 100% responsiveness over mobile usability.
- Microdata Integrated: GeneratePress uses Schema as microdata which helps you in getting good results in SERPS.
- Lightweight and Fast loading: As trusted by most of the GeneratePress users this theme gives your website lightweight and FastLoading with the help of Modular structure.
- Secure and Stable: The code used by the theme is very clean and efficient. This gives your website a secure and stable operation.
- Easy Customization: The theme is most loved by bloggers and website experts mostly because of its easy customization options. Anyone can easily customize the theme for the website.
- Developer Friendly: There are a lot of features like Hooks and Filters that help developers change or modify the theme without affecting the original code. This made the theme more liked by various developers and different customizations are developed to help the theme look better.
- Compatibility: When it comes to compatibility, many themes and plugins face the issues. While coming to GeneratePress, this theme is compatible with almost all the plugins available in the industry.
- RTL ready & Translation: The GeneratePress comes in translation ready which lets your website translate into different languages. There are also RTL(Right To Left) languages added in the list.
- Font Awesomeness: The GP also comes with great fonts and customization options. These fonts will make your blog look awesome.
GP theme is perfect for?
Generatepress WP theme is suitable for any type of website like personal blog, eCommerce store, tech blog, and for any online business blog. After introducing the theme in the WordPress free themes directory, this got a good reputation and more than 10,000 active installations and thousands of positive reviews.
In 2020, the developer concentrated on fast loading is the primary matter and he introduced a few of the plugins additionally. This plugin does not create blots in the theme. So as per the webmaster requirements, you can redesign your blog for the specific category.
Difference between Free & Premium version
The fast loading and lightweight theme Generatepress is available in both Free and Premium versions. The free version is available in the WordPress free themes library. But it comes with very limited customization features like colors, typography, Site library, menu, etc.
If you need a unique and better design than other blogs, you have to unlock the limited features option by upgrading from Free to Premium. To know the difference between Free and Premium, I prepared a small table for easy understanding purposes.
|Action||Install Free Version||Buy GP Premium|
What are the addons in GeneratePress Premium?
The Generatepress Premium theme features are very good. We discussed how to get this theme and how to activate it in this guide. Here is the screenshot of the GeneratePress Modules section. Here you can activate the modules which section is suitable for according to your requirement on the left side.
In the right side section, you will have the customization features like Logo uploading, font setup, Colors setup, layout settings, and more options. by using these features, you can design your blog without any coding skills by observing the instant preview mode.
1. Site library
The site library of Generate Press consists of over 45 demo templates, you can browse among all the theme demos in the site library and use any one of them to your blog.
The colors add on will help you to change or edit the colors of your blog. You can change the colors of Headers, body, navigation menus, and borders of your blog.
Typography is one important feature you need for a better user experience. The GeneratePress gives you options to change fonts, sizes of fonts, and sizes of headings in this addon.
4. Page Headers
The page headers section has a wide range of types of Headers. You can adopt different page header styles for your posts, pages of your blog.
This option is useful for you to also include a blog on your website. This option lets you control all the pages and posts along with your archives from a single place. It includes many options and features to customize your blog as shown in the screenshot below.
The Backgrounds add-on in GeneratePress you can customize all your backgrounds of the blog. With this functionality, you can add or change backgrounds of Headers, footers, body, and in many other places.
The spacing add-on you can control spacings between elements like headers and footers throughout your blog.
You can add different elements like Header, hook, and layout beforehand in the elements section. These elements can be edited or used later in your blog.
With the Hooks add-on, you can save additional code in the template. In the other themes, we used to create custom CSS and add it to the theme code for any additional features.
Whereas in GeneratePress you can create these hooks to use the codes wherever you wish without changing the core theme.
10. Primary and Secondary navigation
The primary navigation menu has an additional sticky feature where you can adjust width and height of menu and submenu items. You can customize these features for different devices.
The secondary navigation will help you create two different navigation menus on your website. You can also customize this for different devices.
11. Menu plus
The menu section of the GeneratePress contains different menu styles like sticky menus and slide out menus which you can use to your menu.
Your copyright can be easily displayed with the help of copyright add on.
13. Import & Export
You can also import settings from your other sites to implement on this site. In the same way you can also export your settings.
Review of GeneratePress and its Pricing
The pricing of GeneratePRess is very good when comparing with other premium themes like the FocusBlog theme which I used before.
More than 60,000 WordPress users are using this premium version. The price of GeneratePress is $59 per year.
Features of Generatepress
The theme is very light weight and well coded for fast loading features at the user end. You can enable or disable if you do not need any addon in the site designing form backend without any coding knowledge.
- The responsiveness for the theme over all the devices is good and gives the best user experience.
- The built-in schema function is available in the theme itself which gives better results in SERPs.
- The theme comes with a WordPress customizer with which you can do better integrations.
- This theme is compatible with all the popular plugins such as Yoast SEO, BuddyPress, WP Rocket, Elementor Pro, Thirsty Affiliates, RankMath, and many more.
- The Elementor page builder works well with GeneratePress. With many customizable options, the Elementor is one of the great combinations of GeneratePress which can make your WordPress blog a great design. This theme is also compatible with the Beaver Builder.
- With this theme, you don’t even need to worry about translations. This theme comes with translation ready.
- You can add custom elements in the dashboard beforehand which you can use anywhere in the theme.
- There are also a lot of hooks and filters available for developing your core theme.
- You will get better support from the theme developer anytime you need it. And also they release 3 updates on average every month for maximum security.
- There is also another plugin from GeneratePress known as GenerateBlocks which is the best one to accomplish all your needs with Gutenberg Editor.
- You can use one GeneratePress premium license key to unlimited domains.
- Generatepress child theme is also available on the official site.
- Complete support and updates up to one year is available for a single price
- You will get 40% renewal discount from the second year
- 30-day money-back guarantee: If you do not like the theme, there is an option to get your money back within 30 days.
How to install the Generatepress and its setup?
The Generatepress is a free theme, which is available in the WordPress Themes directory. To create awesome designs you have to buy the GP Premium plugin to add more features that are mentioned above. Before going to buy the plugin, you have to install the free theme in your WordPress.
Installing GeneratingPress is very simple. For this, you have to loggedin into your site.
Then go for Appearance > Themes > Add New and search with the term “Generatepress” in the ‘Search themes’ bar.
After a few seconds the theme will be displayed in the themes results box.
Start installation by clicking on the Install Now button and Activate it.
How to Get the GeneratePress Premium?
After reviewing the GeneratePress theme, if you decide to get the GP premium theme just follow the below steps.
Step 1: Start Purchase Premium
To start going for the GP Premium version, you have to click here. Then you will be redirected to the Theme’s homepage.
Just scroll down and up to GP Premium Box. Click on the Get Started button.
Step 2: Add Billing info
On the checkout page, you have to choose the payment method. Here are two payment systems to complete your process. They are Paypal and credit cards. If you are having an active Paypal account, you may continue with this system or go with the Credit card option.
I recommend the Lifetime plan to stop the yearly renewal process. It is a one-time investment and you can use the Generatepress license for up to 500 websites.
Step 3: Log in to your Account
After completing the purchase, you will receive the confirmation email to activate your account. Now login into your GeneratePress account by entering your Username and Password. Then go to the Accounts > Downloads section.
Step 4: Download GP Premium Plugin
In the Downloads page, click on the Download button to get GP Premium plugin latest version.
Step 5: Install and GP Premium Plugin
How to install Generatepress premium? First, go for Plugins section Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and choose the location of the downloaded plugin in your computer then start uploading and Activate the plugin.
Step 6: Activate the Premium features
To activate the Premium features, you have to enter the GP premium license key. For this, go to the Generatepress account, copy the license code. Now go to WordPress dashboard Appearance > GeneratePress then paste the code in the box labeled “Updates” to update GP Premium, then Save it.
How to design a WordPress site with GeneratePress?
After successful activation of the GeneratePress premium theme, you have to customize the theme according to your needs like to add a logo, colors, layouts, footers and, menu bar, and footer sections.
To do this go for the Appearance > Customization section from your WordPress dashboard.
Here you will get the site customization tools like Site identity, Layout, Primary navigation, Colors, Typography, Background image, Widgets, Menu and Footers, Custom CSS, and many more.
Pros and Cons of Using Generatepress theme
Pros of GeneratePress
- The GeneratePress has the best page builder Compatibility
- It has many customizer options to make your WordPress blog look beautiful.
- The best thing about choosing the GeneratePress is because of the support provided by the tech team.
- You will have the privilege of having support from the team 24/7.
- For any minor or major issues you face while using the theme or any of its features, you can refer to the Documentation section which has all the solutions given by the experts.
- The flexibility of headers to add different ad codes is high.
Cons of GeneratePress
- The free version of GeneratePress has very limited features while the Pro version is loaded with plenty.
- You cannot find many 3rd party integrations in the theme.
- Some layouts need improvement in the site library section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is GeneratePress?
GeneratePress is a basic, lightweight, and flexible theme that comes in both free and premium versions. Anybody can easily use this theme and create an amazing website,
Is GeneratePress the best theme for affiliate marketing websites?
This theme ranks as best in 2020 for its conversion rates. With the schema enabled features available in the GP theme, your content gets good results through SERPs if you are an affiliate marketer depending on Google traffic. And the main thing is you can create extraordinary landing pages for your products without even the necessity of technical skills.
Which are the fastest loading WordPress responsive themes?
StudioPress, Astra, and GeneratePress are the fastest loading WordPress themes of 2020. Because of its lightweight code, GeneratePress is the fastest and responsive theme for any website.
Is GeneratePress Free?
GeneratePress comes in free and premium versions. The free version is just suitable for any website, yet you can choose the premium version for premium features.
How do I use the GP premium?
You can use the free version of GeneratePress simply by downloading the theme from the WordPress themes directory. If you want to use the GP premium, you can purchase the official website’s license code, and in your WordPress blog, download the GP Premium plugin. Now, after installing, activate the plugin with the code and activate all the modules of GeneratePress.
Does GeneratePress Theme work best with Elementor?
The Elementor page builder works well with GeneratePress. With many customizable options, the Elementor is one of the great combinations of GeneratePress which can make your WordPress blog a great design.
Is Beaver Builder good to integrate with GeneratePress Theme?
The Elementor page builder is recommended by most of the GeneratePress users, but there are many other bloggers and web experts who also recommend Beaver Builder to use along with GeneratePress.
Can you use GeneratePress Premium on Unlimited Sites?
One of the great things for which many people like this GP theme is because of the feature of unlimited site usage. You can use the GP Premium on Unlimited sites.
Do I need to renew the GeneratePress License?
You can use the GeneratePress Premium even after the renewal date without renewing, the only thing is you will stop getting updates after the date. The GeneratePress also offers a 40% discount on the renewal of the license.
I personally use GeneratePress for this blog and I extremely liked the features it is providing. It’s fast-loading features and clean code and schema feature made me become a great fan of this theme.
Everything in the theme is easily understandable and customizable, hence many users like this theme more than any other WordPress theme.
I personally recommend the GeneratePress Premium theme for my clients and bloggers. If you are not using it till now, start using the Generatepress theme to move your blog to the next level.
I think this GeneratePress Premium Review and its setup is helpful. So start sharing this article with your friends on social media. Your love and supports are appreciable. Thanks in Advance.